• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Collection Agency caught lying to Atty Gen's office

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Keith J. Farmer

I just received a copy of a response from an agency to my state's (CA) attorney general's office, regarding a complaint I had filed against them regarding FDCPA violations.

The response doesn't address any of the points of law I indicated, several of which do not require any response on my part to the agency. They do, however, claim that I have never responded to them in any form. This amounts to either outright lie, or at the very least, utter incompetence, since I sent them several letters, and spoke by phone to one of their representatives.

Several people at work certainly were witness to my letter-writing sprees.

They also claim I should speak to their client, since they closed my account. I spoke to their client months ago, and they said they'd sold this alleged debt to this agency.

A friend is suggesting I file a suit against them, for (if nothing else) falsifying records.

I just wish I'd recorded the calls, and used return receipt. Best I can do is send copies of the letters, which I already did when I filed my original complaints to the AG and FTC.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">