• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

company didn't pay doctors

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

ghall109

New Jersey. My company declared bancrupcy in January. I had medical proceedures performed prior to this and had paid my copay and the medical insurance company used by my company sent the doctor his payment. When the doctor submitted the check for cashing, it came back "insuffient funds". My company froze all payments to the medical insurance company. Now the doctor is suing me for payment. He was told by the medical insurance company not to seek payment from me because my company is in bancrupcy and will be paying creditors as it can. My question- Can he sue me for payment. Is he not a creditor of my company now?. I paid my copay in good faith and a check was issued by the medical issurance company to him in payment for services. It's not my fault the check bounced. How do I proceed from this point? The full amount he seeks is $ 700.00

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">