• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

counterfeit cashiers check...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

royboytoy

im in california. i deposited a cashiers check inmy checking acc. bank of america,5,ooo. the teller said that it would clear in 24 hrs.. i found that a little odd.trusting the bank i used the funds.... it came back a week later as counterfeit and bounced... so im out 5k... the bank wont make it good. talking to the bank manager, they are aware of counterfeit cashiers checks and normally put holds on them, but they didnt with my check. so what is my recoarse? :eek: can anyone help?

Veronica1228

royboytoy said:
im in california. i deposited a cashiers check inmy checking acc. bank of america,5,ooo. the teller said that it would clear in 24 hrs.. i found that a little odd.trusting the bank i used the funds.... it came back a week later as counterfeit and bounced... so im out 5k... the bank wont make it good. talking to the bank manager, they are aware of counterfeit cashiers checks and normally put holds on them, but they didnt with my check. so what is my recoarse? :eek: can anyone help?
The teller was wrong in saying that it would clear in 24 hours but that doesn't make them responsible for the check. You do have to pay back the $5000 to the bank. They have no responsibility to make the check good.

Where did you get this check from? Nigeria?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">