• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Credit card debt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas
I was contacted by a legal service corporation for a credit card debt from 2007, they are saying I'm being sued by the credit card company, taking to court, etc , is this possible? I'm trying make payment arrangements but they want money to stop the suit immediately.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas
I was contacted by a legal service corporation for a credit card debt from 2007, they are saying I'm being sued by the credit card company, taking to court, etc , is this possible? I'm trying make payment arrangements but they want money to stop the suit immediately.
The statute of limitations for TX is 4 years. Therefore they are not supposed to sue you, but if they do, you will need to raise the defense that the statute of limitations has passed. When was the last time you made any payment on the debt?

Petert0204

Credit Card Debt

You need to check with your lawyer first. It may be possible, but I don’t think so. If they wanted to sue you, they could have sued you in 2007 or 2008. So, why now? Relax and just ask your lawyer for advice and you should be fine.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">