• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Credit Card Declined Because of NON-US Citizenship

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wildfrustration

Hi, folks

I'm I NEVADA, the bank is in Delaware.

I'm not a US Citizen yet, I have H1-B, working legally here as Software Engineer

I applied for Barclay's Apple Rewards Credit Card on June 11, 2015

Today July 17, 2015 I called them to get a response about my application and

they said that I'm not a US citizen and they cannot issue credit card for me...

All this after more than a month and many calls ... here are some details ...

I've been victim of ID Theft in the past and they asked me for ID and SSN over the mail

I've sent them ID, SSN, Paystubs, Visa, Bills to proof my legal status and income.

Just FYI I have lease car and 4 credit card and never had missed or delayed. payment credit score over 700.

Do you think this can be a good case for a lawsuit ?

Last edited:

justalayman

a lawsuit for what? They have the right to determine the credit worthiness of an applicant and offer a card or reject the application as they choose. The only reason they could reject it that would be an issue is if they rejected it based on illegal discrimination. Not being a citizen is not a protected class for most issues, including this one.

Think about it; you are here temporarily. If you have one of their credit cards, what is to stop you from running up the debt and simply returning to your home country and telling the bank to get lost?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">