• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Credit Card Fraud-Jail-Fine-Probation??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Iowa Was informed a few weeks back that someone opened up a credit card account over 4 years ago using my name and running up quite a bill. Payments were stopped on account 2 years ago and the credit card company found me and is looking for the payment. Told them the situation and they are working with me to find the person who opened up the account. Filed a police report and we know who did it. If person is found guilty of obvious credit card fraud(indenity theft?) what kind of sentence could they get? Keep in mind this was not a one time purchase as this had been going on for years. Thank You.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">