• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

credit card fraud or not?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

krisg2367

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? virginia

so i did a website for a guy like a year ago, he had been sending me product and purchasing me things for quite some time. it's now been 6 months and im being investigated for CC fraud because he called me, gave me his CC info then just asked that i throw it away. now 6 months later im being approached by investigators for 2 orders i made at dominoes with a stolen CC. totaling $45. i have the guys address and phone number, although his number is offline now and its been 6 months i dont even have the emails. to any judge or jury im going to be found guilty correct? even though i didnt physically have the card in my possession. how do i prove my innocence

single317dad

1) You need an attorney, not an internet forum. Don't discuss this issue further with anyone except your attorney. This includes family and friends.

2) You need to start right now in your effort to retrieve any communication from the card owner giving you permission to use the card. Now, off you go.

latigo

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? virginia

so i did a website for a guy like a year ago, he had been sending me product and purchasing me things for quite some time. it's now been 6 months and im being investigated for CC fraud because he called me, gave me his CC info then just asked that i throw it away. now 6 months later im being approached by investigators for 2 orders i made at dominoes with a stolen CC. totaling $45. i have the guys address and phone number, although his number is offline now and its been 6 months i dont even have the emails. to any judge or jury im going to be found guilty correct? even though i didnt physically have the card in my possession. how do i prove my innocence
I'm in profound agreement with "singledad" in that you are in much need of a criminal defense attorney and that you need one muy pronto as in yesterday. Also that you should cease all further communications regarding the subject of the investigation other than with your attorney.

Hopefully you can afford to hire one as the public defender won't be appointed until such time as you are arraigned.

Among other troublesome issues here is that considering the card holder has instigated the investigation how are you going to be able to prove that he purposely "gave you his CC info" with authorization to charge against the account[/I]?

Another quizzical is how did you manage to create a debit to the account at a restaurant without "physically having the card in your possession" (your redundancy not mine)?

Frankly, me thinks there is more here than meets the eye ball.

davew128

Another quizzical is how did you manage to create a debit to the account at a restaurant without "physically having the card in your possession" (your redundancy not mine)?
Psst, national pizza chains have been taking online orders and payments for a few years now. ;)

latigo

Psst, national pizza chains have been taking online orders and payments for a few years now. ;)
Gotcha!

So Dominoes eats the bill while OP eats the pie.

Which may be his last for a spell because like P. G. Wodehouse's character "Bertie Wooster" often finds himself embroiled: "He is in the soup up to the thorax".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">