• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Credit Card Payment Posted Incorrectly

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ccarston

What is the name of your state? TX.

My creditor (Conn's) posted my timely payment incorrectly - they posted $10 rather than $40.55 required payment I made. I am now receiving collection letters and collection calls indicating it is urgent that I pay them. At this point I have called them three times to their four calls and two letters to me. With the first call I advised them they made a mistake and subsequently faxed a letter and proof of the correct payment and that the error was in their posting. I have made two subsequent calls where I am assured they received my paperwork and they are researching where the mistake occurred on their end, but the collection calls/letters continue.

Do I have any recourse? I would love to make them pay the balance of the account since I am continuously being harassed.

Debt Guy

The only way to assert your legal rights is to dispute the billing by mail. Read the back of your statement to learn how and where to write. Disputes over the phone have no standing under law.

Do I have any recourse?

You always have the option to payoff the balance and stop using their services.

I would love to make them pay the balance of the account since I am continuously being harassed.

How are you going to get them to agree? Have you made that request?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">