• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Credit card use

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gvn.singh

So, one day my friend offered me to pay for my food, i agreed but later he told me he had found someone's wallet and paid from that credit card. I never knew it was not his card. He also told me that he ordered some stuff online through that card. I later told him to return it to lost n found or police but he ended up throwing it away because he was scared, Are there any chances they will catch me too, because i was with him at the food shop,he took card of his pocket and paid i never did anything or used that stolen card

adjusterjack

There's always a CHANCE that you could be charged as an accessory.

Depends on what your "friend" says when he gets caught.

Here's the advice.

If law enforcement ever contacts you about this, exercise your right to remain silent and your right to an attorney.

Because nothing you say will change what the police will do once your friend points the finger at you.

Watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc

quincy

So, one day my friend offered me to pay for my food, i agreed but later he told me he had found someone's wallet and paid from that credit card. I never knew it was not his card. He also told me that he ordered some stuff online through that card. I later told him to return it to lost n found or police but he ended up throwing it away because he was scared, Are there any chances they will catch me too, because i was with him at the food shop,he took card of his pocket and paid i never did anything or used that stolen card
What is the name of your state, gvn.singh, or, if not in the US, what is the name of your country?

Is your friend well-known in the place where your friend used the stolen credit card to purchase food for you and for him? When your friend ordered items online, under what name did he order these items and to where did he have these items delivered?

Will you will be charged with a crime for knowing that your friend was using a stolen card to purchase items? It's possible.

gvn.singh

I live in canada , i never knew its stolen card, he told after he paid for me , he just offered to pay fr me, like i was shocked at hearing this, and he ordered clothes online and used the address of the shop.
It happened only a few days ago, what is the best i could do to protect myself , like reporting to some organisation or specific branch abt it,
Or should i remain silent?

Last edited:

quincy

I live in canada , i never knew its stolen card, he told after he paid for me , he just offered to pay fr me, like i was shocked at hearing this, and he ordered clothes online and used the address of the shop.
It happened only a few days ago, what is the best i could do to protect myself , like reporting to some organisation or specific branch abt it,
Or should i remain silent?
Like STEPHAN said, FreeAdvice handles US law questions and legal concerns only.

Because the laws in Canada are different from the laws in the US, what you will want to do is seek out advice in Canada, perhaps from a lawyer in your area or perhaps the following Canadian sites can be of help: http://legal.advicescene.com/ca or http://www.legalline.ca/

gvn.singh

Should i contact police on my own

Should i contact police on my own and tell them everything that happened , or like approching some institution regarding it, i am innocent and i want to prove it before something wrong happens
Do u recommed that?
Also what are the chances that normally police looks for people who do mild credit card frauds which dont even exeed 400-500 dollars
Thanks

quincy

Should i contact police on my own and tell them everything that happened , or like approching some institution regarding it, i am innocent and i want to prove it before something wrong happens
Do u recommed that?
Also what are the chances that normally police looks for people who do mild credit card frauds which dont even exeed 400-500 dollars
Thanks
I'm sorry. You must have missed the part of STEPHAN's post and of my post that said this site handles US law questions only.

You are not in the US and your question is not a US law question so we cannot help you.

You will need to seek out assistance in Canada.

Thank you for understanding.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">