• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Creditcard fraud prosecution ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CharlesMDietz

Just recieved a letter saying,,,

"Thank you for your assistance with our fraud investigation. We have completed our investigation in reference to the account number listed above and have concluded that you are the responsible party. According to our records,you have accepted responsibility for this account."

Last edited by a moderator:

Antigone*

Just recieved a letter saying,,,

"Thank you for your assistance with our fraud investigation. We have completed our investigation in reference to the account number listed above and have concluded that you are the responsible party. According to our records,you have accepted responsibility for this account."
guess you and mom are on the hook.

CharlesMDietz

The plot thickens on my own investigation I found out the guy who repaired my old PC and was also my designated driver while my license was suspended for 45 days is the culprit. He's agreed to pay 200$ a month 'till its paid off then an additional 500$ if I don't expose him. How can I pause this investigation on the CC' co.'s end ? If I just mail in a payment will they stop ? I don't want this getting anyone in trouble because the guy was in dire straits on the verge of being homeless. I have'nt heard anything from the cc co. in over 3 weeks last time we spoke they were seeking the video.

This such a convoluted scenario.

Antigone*

The plot thickens on my own investigation I found out the guy who repaired my old PC and was also my designated driver while my license was suspended for 45 days is the culprit. He's agreed to pay 200$ a month 'till its paid off then an additional 500$ if I don't expose him. How can I pause this investigation on the CC' co.'s end ? If I just mail in a payment will they stop ? I don't want this getting anyone in trouble because the guy was in dire straits on the verge of being homeless. I have'nt heard anything from the cc co. in over 3 weeks last time we spoke they were seeking the video.

This such a convoluted scenario.
If you participate in this extortion plot you've got going here, you will be as guilty as he is in this crime. In addition to the ID theft charges, credit card fraud charges, bank fraud charges, etc, you would most likely have the added charge of extortion. You need to call the police and report that this homeless person who (who by the way I don't think is going to pay you a dime) stole mom's (or grandmom ~ I've forgotten by this point) identity.

Go ahead Charles, mail a payment in ~ it will show the CC company that you have taken responsibility for the fraudulent charges and then all the criminal charges will solely belong to you.

CharlesMDietz

He's not homeless but was on the verge when he did this. He's back to work from a 90 day layoff and I believe him he's already tried and put the 200$ in my hand but I refused it. I choked him out when I found out.

I can't risk any criminal charges though man this economy has people doing some foul stuff nowadays.

Last edited:

Antigone*

He's not homeless but was on the verge when he did this. He's back to work from a 90 day layoff and I believe him he's already tried and put the 200$ in my hand but I refused it. I choked him out when I found out.

I can't risk any criminal charges though man this economy has people doing some file stuff nowadays.
Well if you do the right thing (assuming you are telling the truth) he will have a small apartment with two hots and a cot paid for by the citizens of your state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">