• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Creditor refusing to change credit report

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

induetime

I live in Pennsylvania but filed Bankruptcy in Nevada in 1995. In 1994 a company repossed a fax machine that I had personally guaranteed for a company I was sect/treas for. I included this account in my Chapter 7 bankruptcy. They are reporting that the account status is a repossession and the account history was last reported in 1995. I want them to put the status as included in chapter 7 bankruptcy and the account history to say discharged due to chapter 7 bankruptcy in 1995. They are saying they were never notified of my bankruptcy filing and since the repossesion was in 1994 and my BK was in 1995 that they could not change my credit report and it would remain the same. I think they have to change the account to reflect that it was included in a chapter 7 BK but am not sure. If anyone knows if I have a legitimate complaint please let me know. I am livid that this particular creditor will not change the way they are reporting this account.

Thanks,
Claudia

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">