• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disability & Bankruptcy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

OldSoul

I live in Colorado. I'm on disability and a home-owner. I owe approximately $20,000, almost all of this is in credit card debt. Long story short, it was how I supplemented my 530.00 a month income from SSI, online auctions etc. I got ripped off and over charged and can't get the credit card Co's to help. If I file chapter 7 can I lose my home? I am four payments behind, four behind on second also. I would like to sell my house and relocate to a more managable situation. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

G

homeowner

try seening if you can find someone to take contract over as well as making good on the past late payments find out through your lender how to transfer a moragage loan if that is even possible. or run an ad to sell your home to cover your end or when listing home ask buyer to cover all unexpected cost. if you are having a hardship with money try explaning your situation to the loan officers. maybe they have a grace period giving you a break in one month payment or something like a deferred payment. best luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">