• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Discover Card

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

starks86

Credit card debt

What is the name of your state? Georgia

I recieved court papers stating that Discover wants to sue me, but it wasn't a summons. I own them about 3,000 most of it is interest. I think I have one week before they summon me with a court date. Ever since they brought this case against me I have been recieving mail from law firms talking about filing Bankruptcy. I feel I am to young to file for it I am only 23, plus this is the only debt I am in. Although I received this one letter stating that they are a non-attouney firm and they want to mediate the situation(basically like a lawyer but not). Do you think I should just handle it myself or should I go with them? I am able to pay the 3000, but I cant pay it in a lump sum. What would you advise? Also what is the SOL in Georgia?

Last edited:

bigun

Here's the SOL for Ga. A cc is an open account.

STATE: GEORGIA
INTEREST RATE

Legal: 7%
Judgment: 12%
Commercial Accounts: 18%
STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS (IN YEARS)

Open Acct.: 4
Written Contract: 6
Domestic Judgment: 7
Foreign Judgment: 5

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">