• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Discover Card case still going on....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Coltman1966

Not to sound smart, but how would you properly dispute that the account was mine? I denied and disputed it.

All they have as their evidence is an affidavit from the the bank. It would seem to me that all one would need to do is submit an affidavit that could say almost anything and you would win.

They have not produced an original contract or agreement, the agreement that they are using is past the date when the account was closed. Again, it would seem one could then use any agreement to win their case if they used one that was after the fact.

Again , not trying to be smart here, but I just don't see how I have not raised legitimate issues here.

Perhaps it may be a stretch for a dismissal but I would have though this would have went to trial very easily.

Your thoughts?

Just curious. You keep mentioning that the cc co. cannot prove this is your account. IS it your account? Just to be honest. Is it a valid debt, regardless of Discover Card's attempts to collect?

I love how so many people work so hard at avoiding legitimate debts instead of paying them. :eek:;)

Coltman1966

The answer is no it is not a valid debt. I have filed an appeal on the case and am waiting to hear from the Indiana appeals court.

I have one question, can the plaintiff collect on the summary judgment while the case in appeals?

TigerD

The answer is no it is not a valid debt.
Yes it is. The court already ruled on that.

I have one question, can the plaintiff collect on the summary judgment while the case in appeals?
You are not competent to handle this yourself. You were not competent to handle the the first case. You need professional help. There is a reason lawyers go to law school for three years.

DC

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">