• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

discover card want to sue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chadro

What is the name of your state? SD

i got an 1500 debt with discover card. I go to college and only have a part time job. The only property I have is a car I am paying on and another car that is worth like $500 blue book value. Is the lawer going to garnish my wages or take my cars away?

thanks chad

bigun

Nobody can garnish your wages or, attach any property unless they sue you and win.
When did you last pay Discover. I'll tell you this-of all the credit card company's out there, Discover will be the one most likely to sue at some point. If at all possible, try and get current. Ask them if they can place you on a hardship program.

chadro

more on subject

I last paid on the card in Nov/Dec of 2001. Then in January of 2002 I contracted with National Debt Network to settle the card and two others for 60% off the balances. The debt consolidatation failed due to my income status. I got no noitification of the cancellation of NDN or even by Discover card themselves...they just skipped right to a lawsuit with out at least making a phone call to me stating that NDN dropped me from the program. I have student loans coming up in Oct of 2004....totalling a whopping $50,000!!! Will Discover card win taking in consideration of the future student loan debt and the present day hardships due to school and part time work?

Ladynred

Discover won't care about any part of your financial or employment situation. They want only their money and will take it from you in any way the law allows. If you only work part-time, chances are good you don't make enough for them to garnish anyway and it wouldn't be worth it for them to try to take a financed vehicle from you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">