• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

doctor bill and collection agency

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

U

unix7481

texas
my husband saw a doctor covered by our insurance but somehow the doctor was never paid and they turned the account to a collection agency. when we found this out we had them rebill the insurance and they were paid in june. they still have not called the collection agency to have them remove the item from my husband's credit report since it should not have been reported in the first place since it was an insurance error. the collection agency said they can not do anything becuase not only have they not been told it was paid, but that the doctor's office has to tell them it was an error and to remove it from our report. do we have any recourse to take legal action against either the doctor's office or the collection agency? i have tried to dispute the item several times from the credit reporting agencies and it keeps getting verified. meanwhile this is ruining our credit rating and maing it impossible to get a credit card let alone the mortgage we want. what should we do?

N

nenee30

Have you tried to call the insurance company and get a copy of the bill paid? Also, try to get a copy from the Doc's office. Make copies with your complaint and send it in to the Collection office and the major credit bureaus as well, asking them to remove this from your file.
Good Luck

U

unix7481

thats a great idea thanks. that will help me show that it was paid but will that be sufficent to show the credit bureaus that it never should have been on there in the first place? getting it marked paid isn't my number one priority, getting it removed is since it never should have been reported to begin with.

N

nenee30

Guess you have a point. I guess I would have to say get copies of the times that the doctor sent this all into the insurance company for payment. Get letters from the insurance company showing why they did not initially pay these bills. Maybe that can help. Unsure. Good luck!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">