• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

doctor bill and collection agency

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

U

unix7481

Wisconsin
we pulled my husband's credit report and found a doctor had sent a bill to a collection agency before the insurance paid it. well the insurance paid it but the doctor's office never informed the collection agency. when we called the doctor's office they said they would call the collection agency and let them know. that was in october. they never did. so we got proof of payment from the insurance company and sent it to the collection agency. they received it and have tried to contact the doctor's office to verify the information. well they are still reporting the negative information to the cras. i want to sue both the doctor's office and the collection agency for reporting false information. do we have a case? should we take them to small claims court? this has lowered my husband's credit score and made it impossible to get a mortgage.

J

JasonRT

unix7481,

Before you do anything else you need to send a certified letter to the doctor's office demanding that they remove the negative information from your credit bureau within 30 days. If they fail to do so then you may consider suing them.

This wouldn't prevent you from getting a mortgage because you would be able to show the mtg. company proof that the item was paid and being reported in error.

[email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">