• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Excessive charges on bank card

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Crazyshetland

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I overdrew my account with 2 transactions which totaled $262.00 which includes the 2 overdraft fees of $45 each. I did not realize that the credit union had a negative balance fee as well and that after 10 days they began to charge me an additional $25/day. I eventually received a call from customer service to inform me I owed over $800 ....I told them I couldn't pay anything until the end of the month when I had money and to immediately close the account so it would not accumulate more fees. I was told they could not close a negative balance account and they continued to charge a daily fee until it reached a total of $1200. I have tried to work out a settlement for the original $262 plus $100 additional....they will not accept this and are taking me to small claims court. Any help or suggestions on how to fight these excessive fees?????What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FloridaWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Hot Topic

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I overdrew my account with 2 transactions which totaled $262.00 which includes the 2 overdraft fees of $45 each. I did not realize that the credit union had a negative balance fee as well and that after 10 days they began to charge me an additional $25/day. I eventually received a call from customer service to inform me I owed over $800 ....I told them I couldn't pay anything until the end of the month when I had money and to immediately close the account so it would not accumulate more fees. I was told they could not close a negative balance account and they continued to charge a daily fee until it reached a total of $1200. I have tried to work out a settlement for the original $262 plus $100 additional....they will not accept this and are taking me to small claims court. Any help or suggestions on how to fight these excessive fees?????What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FloridaWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Why should they accept your "offer?"

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">