• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ex's credit card

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

donna007

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oklahoma.
My ex, who lived with me, used his credit card a few times to bills that were in my name with his credit card. He also allowed me to use his credit card for paying bills that were in my name, which I did on my phone. Now that we broke up and he has moved out, he says I used his credit card while we lived together without permission. He emailed me demanding I pay him back or he would tell his bank and credit card company that the charges on his card were fraudulent. Being ignorant of the law, I became afraid of his threats, and to.ld him I would give him the money, but someone told me he can't prove it was fraud because he lived with me at the time, and it can't be proven whether he said I could use the card or not

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oklahoma.
My ex, who lived with me, used his credit card a few times to bills that were in my name with his credit card. He also allowed me to use his credit card for paying bills that were in my name, which I did on my phone. Now that we broke up and he has moved out, he says I used his credit card while we lived together without permission. He emailed me demanding I pay him back or he would tell his bank and credit card company that the charges on his card were fraudulent. Being ignorant of the law, I became afraid of his threats, and to.ld him I would give him the money, but someone told me he can't prove it was fraud because he lived with me at the time, and it can't be proven whether he said I could use the card or not
Hopefully he will not be stupid enough to actually make a false report to the bank. The problem however isn't that you could be successfully prosecuted for that, but that the bank will reverse the payments and you will then have a problem with your creditors. Things cannot be challenged if they are too far back. Only recent things can be challenged.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">