• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Family member using my credit card and refusing to pay it.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jtribbs

in Arizona.
Like a idiot, I used my personal information to obtain a business credit card for a family member's business. They ended up taking a lavish vacation on the card, and are now refusing to make the payment.

Is there any ways I can protect myself?

quincy

in Arizona.
Like a idiot, I used my personal information to obtain a business credit card for a family member's business. They ended up taking a lavish vacation on the card, and are now refusing to make the payment.

Is there any ways I can protect myself?
You can pay the debt, cancel the card, and then sue your family member to recover the amount.

The best way to protect yourself in the future is to not use your personal information to obtain a business credit card for a family member's business.

xylene

If your means don't permit it, you can cncel the card and make minimum payments until you can sue your relatives.

You don't have to pay off the entire amount to stop the hemorrhaging.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">