• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Father recently passed and he forged my moms signature for 80k 3rd mortgage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LanceA23

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

My father recently passed and my family found out afterwards that he signed my mothers name for a 80k interest only 3rd mortgage on the house. My mom has been paying the bills but she recently found out what they were for. Can we sue the bank for issuing the loan without her permission? How was he able to obtain a loan in her name without verifying ID? If the loan docs must be notarized then its fraud?

thank you all for your help.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

My father recently passed and my family found out afterwards that he signed my mothers name for a 80k interest only 3rd mortgage on the house. My mom has been paying the bills but she recently found out what they were for. Can we sue the bank for issuing the loan without her permission? How was he able to obtain a loan in her name without verifying ID? If the loan docs must be notarized then its fraud?

thank you all for your help.
Really? Your mom has been paying the bills but did not know what they were for? YOU cannot do anything. Except hire an attorney for your mother. And even then she may have an uphill battle. Whose name was the home in? How was it worded on the deed?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">