• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Finance company calls

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

charliman

I live in Kansas. I purchased a product over the phone with a 90 day trial. No payments due until after the 90 day trial period.I called to return the product. That's when I found out they had sent the wrong item. (Air bed for a water-bed fram). They sent me the shipping papers and I sent the bed back. In the mean time the finance company called and I made a payment to them. The plan was to get the correct bed.

I want to return this bed also, and I did go over the 90 days but the bed has been boxed up and ready for shipment sence Thanksgiving. They tell me I am stuck with it. I wrote them a letter, sent a copy the the finance company. Have not heard from the vendor.

The finance company called me at work last week, was very abusive, wanted a computer check. Would not take no for an answer. I told him this was a business account and not to call this number again. I hung up. He called right three times. Did not here from him until today.

He wanted a computer check. I explaned the above again. He told me to read my contract to see what they could do. I told I did not receive or sign a contract. I asked him to send a copy to me. He said that was my problem, I should have asked for a copy from the vendor. He was going to call my employer to verify employment and start proceedings.
I told to have at.
Does this constitute a threat which is illegal?

What can I expect? And Do I have any options?
I think I'll lose if this goes to court, but I'm not paying for this bed.
Thanks.
Added 02/14/2001
Had voice mail from finance company to return call. I did and talked to a different rep. I told him who I was talking to and he looked up the notes. There wasn't anything in the notes about calling to check employement or starting proceedings. This rep told me they were concerned about getting past 60 days in 5 more days and that it could be very harmful to my credit. Sounds like the first rep is full of ****. But I have no doubt it can come to pass if not resolved.
Thanks.

[Edited by charliman on 02-14-2001 at 05:29 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">