• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

forged signature by husband on a loan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mjguidi

What is the name of your state?
Arizona

My now ex-husband and I were about to file for divorce when he decided to co-sign my name on a $27,000 loan. I just found out (almost 3yrs later)
I have received the note with my falsified signature...Now what/can I do??? I need this off of my credit report and I would like to file charges.
Thank You in advance for any advice

Debt Guy

Your first step is to file a police report. Then you take your copy of the police report to the lender who made the loan and file a Fraud/Identity Theft report with the lender. They will have a form for that purpose. The lender will conduct an investigation. Then you need to ask the lender to remove the tradeline from your credit report.

You cannot "file charges". Forgery/Identity Theft is a criminal matter. Only the District Attorney can file charges.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">