• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fraud & lack of cooperation from bank and fraud agency

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tmar17

I live in california.
There has been a fraud under my savings account with my bank.(Wells Fargo) There was an incident almost a year ago that a large check amounting to $5000 was deposited into my account without my knowledge. Three days later the same amount of $5000 was withdrawn by forging my signature on the withdrawl slip and according to the bank used my identification. The statement during this month was not received. I only received it recently when i asked for it from the bank. Due to lack of knowledge of this statement, I was not aware of this incident. My balance after and before the incident was stable, always depositing my paycheck in the same amount of $200 roughly on the same days. Prior to this happening there have been a few months here and there where i did not receive my statement and i never had any reason to worry. I had deposited one of my checks for $200 the morning of same day this incident occured. Six months later, I received a letter from the bank that I owed the negative amount from my account. Before the bank notified me i had used my account as always to deposit and withdraw money with no complaint and no change in anything regarding my account. The bank withdrew the total amount that I had in my savings account and therefore my account was overdrawn. The bank failed to notify me about this incident before taking my money out of my account. I filed a fraud claim and my claim for reimbursement was denied. The transactiong of the withdrawal of that $5000 was not done by me or the other signer of this account.And the signature of my check for $200 and the signature of my name on the $5000 check do not match, i never signed the $5000 check The check was issued by a Bank in Washington made payable to a "company name" that I am unaware of and have never heard of before, it was also signed by an employee of that company. The check was not under my name and I have no further knowledge of this check or the company other than that they voided the check when the bank tryed to cash it (or whatever) I requested a demand to the fraud agency and the bank that this claim be reevaluated but to no avail. Since i have refused to pay the overdrawn balance, the bank has since referred my file to a collection agency who has repeatdly called and threatend to take away my property and claiming that he knew where i lived. What am i to do? I NEED MY MONEY BACK!!! I am completly broke now. And i dont know what to do. Law suit? Small claims court? Who do i file a lawsuit against? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">