• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Furniture.com filed bankruptcy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BrokerRE

What is the name of your state? Michigan.

I ordered a bedroom set from Furniture.com, they required 33% down, which I paid, and in approximately 3 months, a bedroom set was delivered and set-up.

The order was incomplete, one nightstand was on backorder. The footboard of the bed had sustained severe damage in shipping, and was noted. The dresser also had shipping damage, and it was noted, and new pieces were ordered.

In checking with Furniture.com, I was told the replacement pieces were on backorder. Several months passed by, however I was unconcerned, simply because I still haven't paid the remaining 66%.

Several months later, in checking again with Furniture.com I found that they had filed bankruptcy.

last year sometime, I recieved a phone call from an attorney's office attempting to collect the remaining balance of $2412.00. I told him that as long as the problems are solved, I would still pay. He said it would be impossible to do that, I said that I wanted a refund, and the furniture picked up, he said that also would be impossible. At that time I informed him that all further contacts should go through my attorney, and my attorney had recieved no further contacts.

Just yesterday I recieved a letter from the Credit Bureau of Cape Cod, attempting to collect the remaining balance again. I am sending them a certified letter, telling them the amount is in dispute, and a brief explanation of the situation.

Can they still get a judgement against me? The original order for the furniture was 12/09/1999. Any thoughts?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">