• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Gave creditor bank info...regretting it.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

allen4150

What is the name of your state? Ga

I have an old cc account that went to collections. I arranged a payment plan of 250.00 per month that was to be taken out of my account at the beginning of each month. I put my student loans in forbearance to pay down as much debt as I could. I almost had everything paid off with the exception of this one cc. I can give them 100.00 tops but have already set up checks to be withdrawn. I tried to call them and tell them that the pending 250.00 check would not work anymore and that I needed to reduce the amount to 100.00. I spoke to someone but they didn't do what I asked. My checking account was overdrawn. I called the bank and told them to cancel all checks in the amount of 250.00 payable to CFG. This didn't work either. Now I'm even more overdrawn.

Edit: There has been no judgement issued.

Last edited:

Debt Guy

Allen

Let me see if I understand.

You made a deal and then broke your word.

Maybe it was a dumb deal but one is customarily expected to keep deals made.

What is your legal question?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">