• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

getting calls for mom

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lizclark99

What is the name of your state? Mississippi

Hi, I have a quick question. I'm a college student and I live 3 hours away from my mom. Creditors keep calling my apartment looking for her. They told me that she gave them my number as a contact number. She did NOT give them my number. I'm irritated because they lied to me and also because they refuse to take my number off her file. Both my mother and I have contacted numerous people in the company about this and we have been promised that my number will be removed. Well, it hasn't. I got another call tonight. I think I should send something in writing but I have no idea who to send it to. Also, how did they get my number and is it legal?

bigun

If this is the orginal creditor, about all you can do is change your number {unlisted} or, complain to the phone company about harrasing phone calls.
As to how they got your number, their are millions of data bases around. www.teletrack.com is one and. www.merlindata.com is another. Check out this snippet from Merlin's "legal phone break" service.

The Legal Phone Break is an exclusive, legal gateway to a powerful database that contains a very high percentage of the business and residential phone numbers in the nation. A minimum of 65 million unlisted telephone numbers are included. Unless a full name and address are returned, there is no charge for the search. This unique database is continuously maintained with nearly a half-million, real-time updates a day. Information for this file, sometimes referred to as the "Pizza Delivery Database", is provided through over 20 million daily transactions by consumers who purchase products either Online or over the telephone. Access is limited to IRSG or GLB appropriate uses.

The Legal Phone Break database includes both listed and unlisted phone numbers.

Also, check out Merlin's industry links. There are few secrets left in this world.

L

lizclark99

Thanks! I've gone round and round with these people. I know one thing, I'll never set foot in another Dillards store!! Thanks again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">