• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

good objections to bank levy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wats49

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? new jersey. i need to fill out a form to get the bank levy stopped or lessened or even reversed. the lawyers took all the money i had and more and i can't pay my bills.

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? new jersey. i need to fill out a form to get the bank levy stopped or lessened or even reversed. the lawyers took all the money i had and more and i can't pay my bills.

Sorry to hear that. You can expect that to happen where there is a judgment against you.

wats49

how about a persuasive argument .

i have now learned what to expect when you havent had a full time job in 2 years and everyone wants money. im trying to forstall the inevitable.

racer72

Unless the funds in your account came from an exempted source such as child support or some kind of disability, you can pretty much kiss the money goodbye. Your inability to pay bills in not a reason to stop or reverse the levy.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
i have now learned what to expect when you havent had a full time job in 2 years and everyone wants money. im trying to forstall the inevitable.
Where did the money in your bank account come from?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
In that case, please see Antigone's response. If you want more clarification, I suggest that you do a Google search for Bank Levy Exemptions in New Jersey

Good luck.

wats49

can i some how stop or delay any more raids on my accounts

i need a reason for the judge to stop the debits from my acct

tranquility

if ifs and ands were pots and pans where would the kettles be?
True that. But, your creditors have a court order that you owe them money. They found out where some of your money is and got an additional court order to get it. You will not stop that unless you have a legal reason. While not your state, a recent thread had some concepts that might be useful:
https://forum.freeadvice.com/debt-collections-84/bank-levy-claim-exemption-based-upon-extreme-financial-hardship-597595.html

Pay particular attention to Chien and "necessities of life", I believe he practices in the debt collection area.

wats49

tranquility truly

that at least is hope. i have been driving against going bankrupt and dont want this to be the straw...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">