• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hospital filed execution against property & court officer going threw mailbox

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sethmoxiefury

In Northern Michigan on 2-11-99 was in hospital and recieved bill on 483.00.Hosp. never bill blue-cross until 11-01-00 by 12-17-99 it was in collection with an execution against property asking 1,100. they came to my house on 5-31-01 while I was gone and neibors called said court officer was going to all my neibors asking questions and went in to our mailbox and went threw our mail. wrote down numbers off my fathers 4-wheeler & boat, left papers taped to door and wrote on them will be back to seize boat can they do this

bigun

They did it so, apparently they can. The question that begs to be asked is why you let a $483 dollar bill get to this point? Why not pay the hospital and bill the insurance co. for reimbursement. Or, why not hound the hospital until they filed the insurance. Was this the portion of a bill that was disputed? Why not demand arbitration between the hospital and the insurance company? If the insurance co. won't pay, make monthly arrangements with the hospital. There were all sorts of ways to handle this but ignoring it wasn't the answer.

L

leigh6000

That seems like an awfully long time to wait before billing insurance. I don't understand them turning something over to collections that had never been billed in the first place? Is it possible they did bill, but it was not handled by insurance?
I had a similar problem when I had my first child. We were not sure I had been on the insurance policy long enough to be covered. We tried to pay as we went along, but the hospital and doctor refused to take payments. They wanted to wait to see if the insurance would cover it. I suspect that they didn't want to deal with the hassle of paying me back if the insurance paid them, but I don't know. At the time they had some reason which we didn't question.
The insurance company sat on the claim so long that the hospital turned us over to collections.....then refused the claim.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">