+ Reply to Thread
    bli
    bli is offline Junior Member

How to Access Court Records

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

I had credit card dues of about $11,000 which I stopped paying in Dec 2006 since, I was not in a position to. Post that I moved out of Indiana and didn't hear from the credit card companies at my new address. I wanted to check if there are any court records or bench warrants with my name. I tried searching at [url]http://mycase.in.gov/default.aspx[/url] under "Civil, Family & Probate Case Records" with my Last Name as party and could not find any records. I also checked [url]http://www.tippecanoe.in.gov/court/p...mw6500-display[/url] (that was the county I was living in) with my last name and did not find any records there either. Is there any other website where I can search for court records or warrants against me ?
    FlyingRon is offline Senior Member
    You don't get "warrants" for civil cases. Unless you perpetrated some fraud or other illegal activity, there won't be one. We don't arrest people for bad debts in this country.

What will happen is that they'll go to court and absent you answering it, it's quite possible they got a default judgement. That usually will show up on your credit report have you looked there?
    Indiana Filer is offline Senior Member
    Try [url]http://www.doxpop.com[/url]
    cosine is offline Senior Member
    Are you now in a position to pay? If so, why not contact the original creditor and see what they have as the account status. If they say it was placed with collections, ask for that information, including the contact information for the CA.