• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How should I handle the phone calls?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Minnesota

On advice of an attorney I have decided to stop making credit card payments and I will be filing bankruptcy within a few months.

The first bill I have not paid was due to be paid today, so the phone calls from the credit card companies should be starting soon.

What should I expect as far as phone calls from the credit card companies and how should I handle them? Should I get caller ID and not answer the phone? Should I change the number? I fully expect phone calls to my work (I am a teacher), how should I handle those calls?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

JETX

Your questions have more to do with your personal preference rather than legal questions.

I would suggest then that they would be more appropriate on a credit type forum, such as:
www.creditboards.com

Ladynred

Question - have you actually hired the attorney yet ??

If so, then you can refer all collection calls to the attorney and collectors are NOT allowed to call you after they know you are represented by a lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">