• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How To Unfreeze My Bank Account

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mati777

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?NY
Hello
Recently my bank account and my gf and mine (joint account ) got froozen as I defaulted on my credit card. I have decided to use a non profit credit solutions company to pay it all off. Would this unfreeze my account.What is teh procedure to unfreeze it. I need to cash my pay checks. Does anyone knwo of cashing pay checka other than banks. Tried western union but the checks were too big. Also teh joint account money is not even mine. Can i go to court and if I am able to prove that its not does she get her money back

Veronica1228

Ok, I'm assuming that your credit card is thru your bank. If this is the case I doubt very much that you will be able to get your account unfrozen. You can try to prove that the funds in your account belong to your girlfriend, but since it is a joint account, it probably won't make a difference. Your best thing to do is to actually ask your bank if they will release your gf's funds, but remember, they are trying to collect a debt, so they may not be very cooperative. Nor are the obligated to be.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">