• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I want to pay my water bill!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Teea

What is the name of your state? pennsylvania

I bought a home 3 years ago in PA. When I went to get the water turned on in my name, the major water company said I didnt belong with them. I found out I was with a group of 16 custumers to a water company I have never heard of. (I found out from the post it note on my water meter) When I called the man in charge he told me to read my meter and he would let me know what I owe him. Even tough I read my meter every month and send along $20 or $30 I have never received a bill. I have asked every month for 2 years now. He finally called and said he was preparing a bill for me but couldnt remeber how much I had paid for certain months. I told him the amounts but I have still never got a bill. I contacted the Pennsylvania Public Utilities Commision (PUC) after 4 months they got back to me and said they could not help because this water company I belong to is a Co-op. Since then (May 2002) I have stopped payment on my water bill hoping maybe this man would finally give me a bill. Nothing! My fear is this man will show up at my door saying I owe $1000.00 that I do not have. I want to pay this bill, can someone please tell me what I should do next?

nailtech

In order to do a search to help you out, I need a co-op name, city, town or county.. I have done a search on coops but got such a wide range, I can't pin point anything specific........ sorry.... I need something more for me to help to help you with...

;)

JETX

One more suggestion.... don't just stop paying and spend the money elsewhere. Put the $30 per month away and then, when the bill collector comes (and he will), you will have the money to pay him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">