• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Illegal access to my personal bank account without my permission

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dblbass1981

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I am from MA......My sister in law has been using the internet to gain access to my personal bank information without my knowledge or permission. She has been doing so to spread false rumors about what I am doing with my money. What laws protect my privacy? and what can be done to stop this from happening?

Debt Guy

What laws protect my privacy? and what can be done to stop this from happening?

File a police report and let the cops deal with it. What she has done is very close to identity theft,

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I am from MA......My sister in law has been using the internet to gain access to my personal bank information without my knowledge or permission. She has been doing so to spread false rumors about what I am doing with my money. What laws protect my privacy? and what can be done to stop this from happening?
**A: there is a lot more to this story.

amyjeans

If she is looking at your account, and talking trash- then as previously posted, change your password. Not much else can be done.
If she is accessing your funds- then you need to contact the bank to freeze the account right away, contact the police to file a report because she would then be stealing from you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">