• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Illegal?? My cell phone company has called people who have called my cell phone

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wpsatisfide

What is the name of your state? SC

They called at least 3 people that I have called or that have called me on my cell phone. I had my phone cut off in December and have made one payment already. I owe maybe $175 and just sent them a payment last month. Is it legal for them to call and harass my family and friends just because I dialed their number from my cell phone or vice versa. Also when my friends/family asked them how they got their number they said I had used them as a credit reference or that my boyfriends number was listed as my home number, neither of which is true.

bigun

If this is the orginal creditor, pay this thing off as fast as possible. The FDCPA does not apply to them.

W

wpsatisfide

I just cant beleive that it is legal for them to look at my list of calls and contact these people. I am paying them off, I may be 2 weeks late on my payment. If it is legal it sure isnt very ethical. They already renewed my contract without contacting me in any way. Guess Suncom is just a really crappy company

HomeGuru

wpsatisfide said:
I just cant beleive that it is legal for them to look at my list of calls and contact these people. I am paying them off, I may be 2 weeks late on my payment. If it is legal it sure isnt very ethical. They already renewed my contract without contacting me in any way. Guess Suncom is just a really crappy company
**A: yes, that is their motto.
SUNCOM- pay your bill or we'll stick it where the sun don't shine.

W

wpsatisfide

heh guess so. Well I guess the only way I will feel remotely better is to call and speak with a manager, then give them a piece of my mind.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">