• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Last 4 digits on Credit Card.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

yaalw

What is the name of your state? Not from the US.

Hello, I was wondering if it is safe to tell someone the last 4 digits of my credit card?

Thankyou.

yaalw

Sorry, I don't understand? I know I am not from the US, but my question would apply to all from where ever they are from.

Thankyou.

Veronica1228

yaalw said:
Sorry, I don't understand? I know I am not from the US, but my question would apply to all from where ever they are from.

Thankyou.
How do you know that? I can tell you if it was a good idea or not in the US because I know the banking system here. I don't know anything about international banking and I'll bet no one else here does either. That is the reason that is says "US Law Only" very clearly above.

Ask your credit card company. They should be able to give you a straight answer.

yaalw

Veronica1228 said:
How do you know that? I can tell you if it was a good idea or not in the US because I know the banking system here. I don't know anything about international banking and I'll bet no one else here does either. That is the reason that is says "US Law Only" very clearly above.

Ask your credit card company. They should be able to give you a straight answer.

Ok, thankyou for your assistance though.

Just out of curiousity, would it be safe in the US to tell someone your last 4 digits?

Veronica1228

yaalw said:
Ok, thankyou for your assistance though.

Just out of curiousity, would it be safe in the US to tell someone your last 4 digits?
No. I can't explain in-depth for security reasons, but bank issued credit cards in America have very specific numbers assigned to them. Giving out the last four digits to a system-savvy person could be giving them all the information they need to rip you off.

I can't think of any legitimate reason for a person to need the last four digits anyway.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">