• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

late and over limit fees

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cathy swob

how can credit card companies keep charging over the limit fees when adding late charges puts you over the limit. when your credit limit is $250 how can they keep adding these charges. at this rate you would never get caught up if you had a crisis that put you several months behind.

F

FKNA

Read your card agreement....that will tell you how they can do it. And you signed stating that you understood all of this.

W

wakemeup

I feel your Pain!!

And there should be a law that stops that. Actually your lucky! Yes if your debt ius only $250.00 you just got a taste of what its like to be in debt... Realize now that Payt back is a Bitc! h Credit is nice to get things you want now, Not things you need!!! PAY OFF THAT DEBT AND NEVER EVER GET A CREDIT CARD AGAIN CAOZ YOU'LL END UP WORKING FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE AND THEY WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY THAT YOU RENT OUT YOUR BODY TO EARN AND THEY WILL GIVE YOU AN ALLOWENCE TO LIVE ON ...NOTICE I SAID LIVE ON. YOU WON 'T EVER HAVE ANY MONEY FOR A VACATION OR A NICE CAR YOU WILL ONLY BE ABLE TOI KEEP YOUR SELF HOUSED AND FED SO YOU CAN COINTINUE TO RENT OUT YOUR BODY TO CORPORATIONS THAT PAY THIER CEO'S MILLIONS AND THE ACTUAL WORKERS GET ONLY SLAVE WAGES.
HONEY HEED THIS WARNING NOW . AND DEAL WITH THE FACT THAT IF YOU CAN'T PAY CASH FOR IT , FORGET IT DON'T CHARGE IT.AND THATS THE WAY IT IS AND THIER ISN'T A DAMN THING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT. WE NOW LIVE IN CORPORATE AMERICA. THERE IS NO AMERICA ANY MORE!
SINCERELY,
THE MOST CYNICAL PERSON EVER CREATED BY CORPORATE AMERICA
DEBORAH

F

FKNA

If you are using credit cards to purchase things you can't afford NOW, then you are not using them correctly. But if you CAN afford the purchase NOW, then credit cards can be used to your benefit. It's a convenience of not having to have cash on you, not having to write a check. And you can get so many free things just by using a credit card.

Personally, I use a credit card that gives me airline miles. All bills that can be paid with a credit card, I do so. I get 2-3 round trip airline tickets every year by putting my credit card to good use.

Credit cards are NOT a bad thing....it's just how you use them can be bad. If you make a purchase using a credit card and cannot make payment in FULL when the bill comes in, then you shouldn't be using credit cards.

As the previous poster stated, PAY IT OFF IN FULL. You are just throwing money away each month right now. Obviously if you are late each month and only making the minimum payment, you don't have it in your budget to pay it off. So take a look around your house, see what you can sell. The sooner you get this credit card paid off, the better off you will be.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">