• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Letter To Judge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

seagoing

What is the name of your state? Florida,my ex has been destroying not only her life,but that of others.Before we met,she ran up credit cards and student loans(her name only under maiden name) which we only discovered yrs.later after we were married and looked to get a mort.on a home I owened prior to marriage.I became a part of that mess because I put her on the deed and had to pay off the loans or no mortgage.then while we were married ,she used our joint credit cards and ran up excessive charges.I ,trying to be a good guy,believing the charges were for the sake of the family,did what I needed to do.Including a 2nd job.Yrs later(we were married 14 yrs)she not only ran up jpint cards,but got cards in her name only and I never knew it.She.was an at home mom and took care of the bills(NOT).when I discovered all this,I took charge of all accts,got a card with a good % rate ,put all the charges on the card,tried to recover with the mess.her response was to divorce me because I became too CONTROLLING.So she meets #2.Its a small town and the short of it ,she did it again.He's gone,but broke.So she decided she would max out and file bankruptcy.Well ,she didn't do the homework,the law changed,credit cards cant be discharged.Now she is being brought to court.She is on her 2nd appearance in court.How I know all this is I get ALL the creditors calling me because I have our original tel.# and the court info is online .Seems she is pleading the poor me stuff but is on her 5th new car in 10 yrs.Has a boat,nice house(too nice for her income).Our kids certainly wont have any prayer of an inheritance on her side ,all family is out of town.Meanwhile I still have an alimony obligation of which I was hood winked into believing she would help the college kids with,yet she cries poormouth to them ,so i take up the slack and continue to deny myself .ok ,the ? is it OK to notify the judge of prior Credit card abuses ?she is working hard on future husband 3 and i doubt he will be nothing more than another victim

seniorjudge

Q: is it OK to notify the judge of prior Credit card abuses ?

A: The judge won't read a letter from you. Google ex parte communication. Oh, wait a minute. You're in Florida?! Never mind. I wouldn't have the slightest idea what judges do there.

Ladynred

Well ,she didn't do the homework,the law changed,credit cards cant be discharged
Sorry, that is incorrect. Credit cards can most certainly be discharged !!!!! The new law did not prevent the discharge of credit cards, however, it DID add some new twists on the timing of when charges were made before filing, and for how much . If she charged stuff up within 90 days of filing, those charges, and ONLY those charges, are deemed non-dischargable. Now, if they find there is fraud involved, or the creditors pitch a fit and scream fraud, she may not be able to have all of her debts discharged. With multiple court appearances, it sounds like the creditors are fighting back.

is it OK to notify the judge of prior Credit card abuses ?she is working hard on future husband 3 and i doubt he will be nothing more than another victim
The bankruptcy judge isn't the one to deal with, its the bankruptcy Trustee on her case you deal with. Sure, you can tell the Trustee, or the court, but it's unlikely that it will make the slightest bit of difference UNLESS you are producing hard proof of fraud in her case.

ecmst12

It's not like the judge and lawyers involved don't have access to her financial records and know exactly how many new cars she's bought and how much in alimony you're paying her etc.

I WOULD suggest changing your phone number though.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">