• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Letter of willingness

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jaylinford

UTAH-
If I go to a bank to get a loan and the officer tells me I need collateral to get the loan. Can he legally write a letter of willingness? - or- Is that enticement?
I have a JV partner who is willing to put up collateral for a loan if the bank is willing to issue a letter that states they will issue the loan upon proper verification of valid legal collateral. Is this legal? Is there a way around this problem?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
UTAH-
If I go to a bank to get a loan and the officer tells me I need collateral to get the loan. Can he legally write a letter of willingness? - or- Is that enticement?
I have a JV partner who is willing to put up collateral for a loan if the bank is willing to issue a letter that states they will issue the loan upon proper verification of valid legal collateral. Is this legal? Is there a way around this problem?
That the partner with you to the bank...

Antigone*

UTAH-
I can tell you right now, no bank is going to lend based solely on collateral. They will want to see financials (business & personal) from all entities involved. You can also bank on having to sign a personal guarantee in addition to encumbering collateral.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">