• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Medical bill owed unable to pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LOU123

What is the name of your state? NY

I was hospitalized for 4 days which amounted for an 18,000 hospital bill. I don't have any insurance and I don't have any serious assets, but a 5,000 savings accout and a 10 year old car. As you can see I am not able to pay this bill -at least not right now- and the hospital is telling me they will seek legal action. Can they touch my savings account or my car?

Thanks

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

LOU123 said:
What is the name of your state? NY

I was hospitalized for 4 days which amounted for an 18,000 hospital bill. I don't have any insurance and I don't have any serious assets, but a 5,000 savings accout and a 10 year old car. As you can see I am not able to pay this bill -at least not right now- and the hospital is telling me they will seek legal action. Can they touch my savings account or my car?

Thanks

My response:

In a word, yes.

IAAL

Ladynred

Your car is probably exempt from judgment (if they sue), but your savings account is definitely vulnerable to siezure.

J

JasonRT

Thanks, nice to see you too. I've been very busy with the company. I'm right by my old friend Halkert now in Texas :) as I'm opening my Houston branch next week. I always find my way to the forum after moving in to a new place. Don't know how long I'll last now that I'll be traveling between four locations.

Nice to see you're still around.

[email protected]

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Nice to see you back, Jason!

Did you have a relaxing vacation?

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">