• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

miscellaneous credit card fees

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Beckie Keitz

What is the name of your state? MD
I had closed out an credit card acct but still owed.I had sent in a final payment w/statement that I had received.I had also noted final payment on check.The credit card companies added add'l charges plus a new one for going over limit, plus membership fees.I never consented to joining anything.I sent them a letter but the only response I received from them is a new bill with additional late fee. Help

I believe I solved my own problem. I have not received a written reply yet from the cc co, however when I called their 800# it said I have a zero balance, and a $200 credit limit.So now I'll just write them another letter requesting again that they close acct.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">