• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My mom stole all my money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

[V]

Hi, I live in California.
Ever since I was 16 years old, I've been earning money online, been running a huge website for quite some time. While I was under 18, the bank account which all my money went to was a joint account with my mom's.

Im 18 now, and I have earned $30,000 total.
When I just turned 18, I went to the bank to set up my own account, seeing how I am old enough now to have my own bank account. We go there, setup my checking account. Now, my money is STILL in my mom's account which we shared. She has to transfer my funds into my account. She refuses to. Now I have my own empty bank account. My mom robbed me of my 30k I earned. Do I have a case? What do I do? I want to sue her and put her in a loony bin.

Lowrider000

Hi, I live in California.
Ever since I was 16 years old, I've been earning money online, been running a huge website for quite some time. While I was under 18, the bank account which all my money went to was a joint account with my mom's.

Im 18 now, and I have earned $30,000 total.
When I just turned 18, I went to the bank to set up my own account, seeing how I am old enough now to have my own bank account. We go there, setup my checking account. Now, my money is STILL in my mom's account which we shared. She has to transfer my funds into my account. She refuses to. Now I have my own empty bank account. My mom robbed me of my 30k I earned. Do I have a case? What do I do? I want to sue her and put her in a loony bin.
How much did she charge you for taking care of you for 18 years? 30,000
I think that is a good deal,cause if you was on ur own,it would cost more.When you have kids,see how much you will pay on them till they turn 18.
So just take that as a Loss and tell your mom you love her

Lowrider000

He owes his mother absolutely nothing for doing her legal and moral job of raising him to adulthood.
Country,
If the mother didn't have money to pay her mortgage or utilities and the son had money, and the son was living in the house,what would you do.Hmm not use ur son money and sleep on the street or stay in the dark without electric. or take a bath in rain water.The son seem like he doesn't have any moral for asking if he can sue his mother.Where is the dad? or did the mother raise the son all by herself and work .

Last edited:

TNBSMommy

If a mother didn't have money to pay for a place to live,how would that kid feel living in a homeless shelter or own the street,the mother did was was best at the time.You don't know if that kid owe him mom money or what.Cause i'm sure he is not tell you the full story.Hmm 30,000 is a lot of money for somebody who is 16 to 18.Why didn't the son getting a checking account with his dad.
As a single mom of 2 teenagers, who gets next to NONE of the Court ordered Child support owed to me, I would NEVER in a million years, for ANY reason "steal" my son or daughters money. If we were in that dire of conditions, and I knew the money was there, I would at the VERY LEAST go to the child in question and talk to them about it, before blatantly refusing to give them THEIR money or just taking it. It's my JOB as a PARENT to support my kids, they don't OWE me a single red cent (well, except my daughter, maybe who "borrowed" 10 bucks to go to the movies the other day) for raising them, and suporting them. To suggest otherwise is idiotic!!

Lowrider000

As a single mom of 2 teenagers, who gets next to NONE of the Court ordered Child support owed to me, I would NEVER in a million years, for ANY reason "steal" my son or daughters money. If we were in that dire of conditions, and I knew the money was there, I would at the VERY LEAST go to the child in question and talk to them about it, before blatantly refusing to give them THEIR money or just taking it. It's my JOB as a PARENT to support my kids, they don't OWE me a single red cent (well, except my daughter, maybe who "borrowed" 10 bucks to go to the movies the other day) for raising them, and suporting them. To suggest otherwise is idiotic!!
And if ur kid said No,what would you do then,I'm pretty sure the mon ask the son before she took any money out of his account.So it took him 2 years to look at his bank account to know that his mother was taken his money.

mlane58

Mlane,
You are the idiot.and probably a worthless parent.So i take it that you would sue ur parent if they spent ur money while they were taking care of you.
Look I raised two wonderful kids with my wife and it was our responsibility as parents to pay to raise them, not theirs. We chose to have children, they didn't ask to be brought into this world. Both of my kids are adults who are successful and have the right values to pass onto their kids when they choose to have them. You are just another idiot that seems that everyone including your kids owe them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">