• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NAF Award in my favor "dismissed with prejudice" and in their own back yard!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

caliber

NAF Award in my favor "dismissed with prejudice" and in their own back yard!!!!!

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? NJ

Today, I received and "Order" from the National Arbitration Forum on an MBNA/Wolpoff claim whereby the Arbitrator ordered that the case be "dismissed with prejudice"

Do I now file a motion with the court to convert this award to a judgment and if so, must I include a "form of order" and notice the other side? and include a "memorandum of law/brief?'

Are there any templates I can obtain to expedite this process?

SamBo916

Hello Caliber,
Just curious what did you send to the National Arbitration Forum to get them to send you a "Dismissed with prejustice"? I am in the same boat but they put my responce as a Stay Notice...Dont know what that is but I am hoping somebody does....Have you received any good information regarding the Arbitration?

caliber

Object in writing, but that's not all.

Object to the arbitration claim to preserve your personal jurisdiction. If you enter the arbitration after objecting then you have not waived PJ. The reason why you would enter, if you are able, is to create a document record for an eventual appeal. I did not think I would prevail, for now anyway. they can do just about anything. Study the NAF's code of procedure. Just keep hammering them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">