• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Notice of levy under Writ of Execution

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lyntitle38

California is where I live.

I had a Notice of levy under Writ of Execution filed against me for a credit card I owe. The balance is $3500. It says they can levy all my accounts including banking, checking savings, etc anything under my social security number. I am afraid they are going to wipe my accounts clean. What can I do?

Antigone*

California is where I live.

I had a Notice of levy under Writ of Execution filed against me for a credit card I owe. The balance is $3500. It says they can levy all my accounts including banking, checking savings, etc anything under my social security number. I am afraid they are going to wipe my accounts clean. What can I do?
The worst thing you could do is ignore them. You need to contact them and work with them on a payment plan. This might not stop what already may be in process but it is a much better approach than sticking your head in the sand and pretending it might go away.

Some Random Guy

I am afraid they are going to wipe my accounts clean.
That is exactly what you will do unless you get a payment plan with them and agree IN WRITING that you will stick to the plan in exchange for them not draining your accounts (ceasing other collection efforts).

Until you get that plan in writing, plan on your account being frozen at any time and getting NSF charges for any outstanding checks.

TigerD

That is exactly what you will do unless you get a payment plan with them and agree IN WRITING that you will stick to the plan in exchange for them not draining your accounts (ceasing other collection efforts).
Ahh, I misread that at first. Just to add, if you make an agreement with them on a payment plan -- do not break the terms by even 3 minutes. And for you to get a payment plan like that, be prepared to give them a lot of information.

DC

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">