• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NSF fee notification

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

valued

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Calif. REceived notification of intent to deduct NSF fee after deduction already applied causing another NSF fee.Quoted available balance with no outstanding un-posted checks or debits-Withdrew balance and same morning balance shows negative $90 caused by yet more NSF fees.Now told that another NSF fee will be charged Monday for withdrawing quoted available balance that became insufficient by after the fact NSF fee....Confused--I'm irate--valued customer since 1984

Veronica1228

valued said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Calif. REceived notification of intent to deduct NSF fee after deduction already applied causing another NSF fee.Quoted available balance with no outstanding un-posted checks or debits-Withdrew balance and same morning balance shows negative $90 caused by yet more NSF fees.Now told that another NSF fee will be charged Monday for withdrawing quoted available balance that became insufficient by after the fact NSF fee....Confused--I'm irate--valued customer since 1984
Your post is a little confusing. Your account became overdrawn because of an item that came in that exceeded the amount of funds in your account, correct? You were then charged an NSF fee. Then what happened??? Were you charged another NSF fee for the first NSF fee, or where you charged a per day fee for not taking care of the negative balance? Please clarify.

valued

clarification

Calif. 2 issues...1. receiving notice of intent to charge NSF 3 days after deed is already done.Was unaware of problem with insufficient funds.During 3 days made purchases unaware NSF had been charged causing more NSF's...2.Spoke personally with bank representative and had 3 NSF's reversed and quoted available balance-was not informed of NSF that apparently kicked in later same morning so withdrawing available balance that morning put me in another insufficient fund situation.Bottom line:$530 paycheck reduced to $200 by bank ,I'm clueless but get $99 reversed,withdraw $280(to get my money away from them),check balance later that day (-$90) call bank and demand to know whats next.Monday I go down to (-$199 or so).Confused again? I'm irate again. :mad:

Veronica1228

valued said:
Calif. 2 issues...1. receiving notice of intent to charge NSF 3 days after deed is already done.Was unaware of problem with insufficient funds.During 3 days made purchases unaware NSF had been charged causing more NSF's...2.Spoke personally with bank representative and had 3 NSF's reversed and quoted available balance-was not informed of NSF that apparently kicked in later same morning so withdrawing available balance that morning put me in another insufficient fund situation.Bottom line:$530 paycheck reduced to $200 by bank ,I'm clueless but get $99 reversed,withdraw $280(to get my money away from them),check balance later that day (-$90) call bank and demand to know whats next.Monday I go down to (-$199 or so).Confused again? I'm irate again. :mad:
Okay, I'm just going to ask you a bottom line question. Do you balance your check book regularly? Do you write everything down in you register right away? Checks, atm withdrawals, check/debit card purchases etc? The reason I ask is because that is typically the case in 99% of scenarios like yours.

In any event, I can't quite figure out what your legal question is. If you are asking if the bank can charge you these fees, then the answer is yes. If you are asking is the bank liable because they quoted a balance to you that you withdrew that later cause another NSF, the answser is no.

valued

brief history

Calif.---My wife cancelled our Earthlink account and got a confirmation.Earthlink charged again anyway by automatic debit without our knowledge with bank statement reflecting that weeks away.This was the original dip into insufficient funds.1st NSF (not notified until after the fact) put us insufficient again as soon as we made a purchase-We are going by what we think is a balanced check book-unaware of the Earthlink mistake or the 1st NSF.Situation escalated from there as if we are notified at all of NSF it is after the fact.

Veronica1228

valued said:
Calif.---My wife cancelled our Earthlink account and got a confirmation.Earthlink charged again anyway by automatic debit without our knowledge with bank statement reflecting that weeks away.This was the original dip into insufficient funds.1st NSF (not notified until after the fact) put us insufficient again as soon as we made a purchase-We are going by what we think is a balanced check book-unaware of the Earthlink mistake or the 1st NSF.Situation escalated from there as if we are notified at all of NSF it is after the fact.
Well, that's typical. When your account is overdrawn the bank sends you a notice by mail which you would get 3-5 days after the fact. Has Earthlink corrected their "error?" Did you tell them what happened as a result? I say you have an issue with them, not the bank.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">