• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

open credit card account from neg to pos

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sohnaf

What is the name of your state? Ohio

I have an old credit card account that is still open and currently has no balance, but since I've been 90 days late at least once, it is consider a negative on my credit report. I have not used that account in 2 years. If I put small charges on the card and pay them off in time, will that move the account from negative to positive on my credit report?

JETX

I have an old credit card account that is still open and currently has no balance, but since I've been 90 days late at least once, it is consider a negative on my credit report. I have not used that account in 2 years. If I put small charges on the card and pay them off in time, will that move the account from negative to positive on my credit report?
Depends entirely on the practices of that creditor. You will have to contact them to see what they are.

boswd

Yes and no. By using the card wisely and paying it off on each montly statement will start show positive usage. and paying on time each month every month will eventually lessen the impact of the lates.

Also as time goes on the late payments have less and less affect on your score. So I would use that card once or twice a month on something you normally wil buy gas, groceries etc. Pay if off each month and start getting some green blocks on the credit report trade line we all love.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">