• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Orginal Creditor held liable for FDCPA violations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gottago

Interesting article. I enjoyed the part that described the atty's list of tasks for each debt.

$2.45 per letter? He wasn't doing all that stuff for $2.45 a letter...not a chance. I'd be really suprised if any of those letters were even in the guy's office. More than likely, the law office saw nothing more than a computer disk with a list of debtors, which was sent directly to the mass-mailer, who stamped the atty's signature on each letter.

I especially liked the part that said he was personally reviewing each letter. Ummm, ok :)

bigun

Yeah, that $2.45 jumped out at me as well. He had to be related to someone at HH. The main reason I posted the link was to let people know that you can sure transfer the sins of the 3rd party collector back to the OC under certain circumstances.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">