• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Past 60 Days?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mayates86

Hi, my name is Matt. I recently (today) noticed that I had fraudulent charges on my bank account back in June. I know that this seems crazy, but During the month of June I was working nearly 70 hours a week and was so exhausted by the time I got home that I could usually do nothing but pass out.

Anyways the charges are all in 50$ increments and are all done by Wal-Marts that are not near my location. When I went to the bank they used the phrase "Wal-Mart Fraud" and explained to me that these people will get your information and purchase a bunch of gift cards. What really sucks is that I had about 1,000$ taken from my account during this time. And because money was coming and going so fast from my account I never noticed until today when I was looking to see when my last college loan payment was. My Bank is telling me I have 60 days to report this issue and I will not get a refund. However isn't that a bit wacky? If they KNOW it was fraud without a doubt, shouldn't they have notified me of these charges? Or should they honor it anyways? It just seems so wrong to me that they can just say "Sorry 60 days is up!" Even though they know without a doubt that it is fraudlent. What can I do? is there some kind of appeal, or some kind of path I can take?

Please help I am so sick to my stomach about this issue. Thank you.

Edit: I am From Texas (apologies)

Last edited:

adjusterjack

However isn't that a bit wacky? If they KNOW it was fraud without a doubt, shouldn't they have notified me of these charges?
How would you expect anybody at the bank to KNOW that fraud was going on when the charges were made when YOU didn't even know it was going on.

It just seems so wrong to me that they can just say "Sorry 60 days is up!" Even though they know without a doubt that it is fraudlent. What can I do? is there some kind of appeal, or some kind of path I can take?
Sorry, but you have a contract with the bank, you know, the cardholder agreement that you've never bothered to read.

Don't blame the bank for YOU failing to properly monitor your account and failing to follow the instructions in the cardholder agreement.

Mayates86

Thanks for the rude reply man. I get that you are telling me the facts, but don't assume I didn't already know about the 60 day limit within my agreement. Making statements about whether or not I read my contract is kinda being a jackass. I don't know what crawled up your bum but I don't appreciate your animosity. Hopefully someone will reply that doesn't have a perpetual stick in their butt.

Try to have a good day.. maybe eat less sodium so your blood pressure drops.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Thanks for the rude reply man. I get that you are telling me the facts, but don't assume I didn't already know about the 60 day limit within my agreement. Making statements about whether or not I read my contract is kinda being a jackass. I don't know what crawled up your bum but I don't appreciate your animosity. Hopefully someone will reply that doesn't have a perpetual stick in their butt.

Try to have a good day.. maybe eat less sodium so your blood pressure drops.
adjusterjack's response was spot-on.

Try talking to someone higher up at the bank. Use a lot of "Please and Thank-You" because they have no legal obligation to do anything.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">