• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paypal sends collection agency, but never send a letter, bill or invoice.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

angel80909

Colorado

I stopped using PP over 7 months ago. And today get a letter from a collection agency named NCO Finacial System who charges me $183.98. I never received any communication from PayPal that they want money from me, don't know for what and why, since I did not sell anything via Paypal.
What can I do in this case? Is this legal to send a collection agency without sending any proof someone owes money. Shouldn't I received at least a letter or invoice when I owe money?

Thanks for any responses.

justalayman

If you will notice on their notice it states that if you believe that this is not your bill, or if incorrect or etc.. . It should tell you who to contact to dispute the validity of the bill. Do that and if it is suggests anything different than sending the dispute in writing...also do it in writing (RRR).

Then call PP and ask them what the bill is for.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">