• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paypal Will Not Close My Account!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mrgonzo

Paypal has limited, ie. Frozen my account because I sold too much in one day. All buyers have been refunded and my balance is now ZERO. Limited accounts usually stay that way for around 180 days. Paypal Sucks and I want to close this account and end my relationship, however they refuse to close a limited account!

This account is a liability to me, since as remaining open someone could hack it. Also paypal could start charging a monthly fee, whatever. Also, this is technically a bank account I believe, so isnt there a law forcing banks to close an account if requested?

Do I have any legal recourse to get this closed?

This is NOT technically a bank account. PayPal is not FDIC insured.

Let this be a lesson to never, Never, NEVER become PayPal "verified". Do not give them any savings account numbers. Handle all of it through a credit card - it's worth the marginal fee to avoid headaches like this.

PayPal will never side with you. At least with a CC you can get money back.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">